Save the date, the 2021 BTBA Tryouts are booked:
- The 2021 tryouts will occur on March 20 & 21, 2021
- BTBA will partner with Starters for this year's tryouts
Important post Tryout Information:
Thank you for participating in BTBA tryouts. We understand tryouts and team selection can be stressful and appreciate your cooperation and support of the players. The tryout manual is located in the Tryout Documents folder under the Documents Tab on the left side of the BTBA.org home page. Please review this if you have questions about the selection process. Please read and be aware of our grievance policy:
If a player or parent has a grievance after teams have been selected and posted on the BTBA website, then a 48 hour “cooling off” period applies. During this 48 hour period neither the player nor parent may contact the coaching staff or board members regarding team selection. Players are expected to be at practice for the team they were placed on. After this 48 hour period, parents may request an in-person meeting to receive feedback from the tryout but they may not ask about other players. This post tryout grievance meeting will consist of the player, player’s parents, applicable Head Coach, and one or more BTBA Board members.
Information below line is old and not applicable (for reference only)
2019 Tryouts (10U-14U):
- When: Mar 16, 2019
- Where: P2P South, 3150 W CTY Rd 42, Burnsville
- Schedule, age group specific information:
- Please check in 1/2 hour prior to your time
- 13U - 9:00am to 10:30am
- 14U - 10:30am to noon
- 12U - noon to 1:30pm
- 11U - 2:00pm to 3:30pm
- 10U, last name A-K - 3:30pm to 5:00pm
- 10U, last name L-Z - 5:00pm to 6:30pm
- Important Tryout Information:
- Payment- Full payment required before your child can tryout
- Attendance - Tryout attendance is required; any player who will miss tryouts must contact BTBA prior to tryouts commencing. Placement on a team will be evaluated by BTBA and is not guarunteed for those missing tryouts.
- Bats - A Legal bat is needed; see equipment guidance below
- Meeting - A parent informational meeting will be held at the beginning of each tryout group
- Uniforms - Uniform sizing is immediately following your childs tryout, please ensure one parent is present for the sizing
- Pitch Machine Speeds (by Age Group):
- 10U - 45mph
- 11U – 50mph
- 12U – 55mph
- 13U – 60mph
- 14U – 65mph
P2P Burnsville, 3150 County Rd 42 W, Burnsville, MN 55337
- Payment - Payment is required to tryout
- Start times: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
- Attendance - Tryout attendance is required; any player who will miss tryouts must contact BTBA prior to tryouts. Placement on a team will be evaluated by BTBA and is not guaranteed for those missing tryouts.
- Bats - The USA bat stamp rule will be enforced during tryouts after 2018
- Tryout manual - Please take the time to review the "Parent Tryout Guidance Manual" before tryouts begin including the grievance policy. It is located under the vertical "Documents" tab on the BTBA.org home page in the "Tryout Documents" folder. This manual is intended to help tryout questions from players, parents, or potential coaches. Please note, both portions of the tryout (Fielding/pitching and Hitting) are occurring on the same day this year.
Jr. Legion Tryouts:
Tryouts for Junior American Legion and Senior American Legion teams will be held at Red Haddox Field on TBD, 2018.
- Kennedy Gold Tryouts will be held from TBD, at Red Haddox Field.
- Jefferson Blue Tryouts will be held from TBD, at Red Haddox Field.
- Rainout/makeup tryout date is TBD, at Red Haddox Field.
Please contact Ron Nenovich for more information about tryouts for Junior Legion and Senior American Legion tryouts. 952.297.6705 cell and